CrossFit South Rockland

Friday, September 7, 2018

Mike's Fitness Journey



My journey began many years ago working out with friends just like most people.
As that faded I tried SoloFlex (boring). I needed more...someone gave me a Navy Seal workout loved it but very time consuming so the search continued.


BowFlex, P90x, and P90x2 nothing ever kept me interested for the long haul.
I signed my youngest son Jack up for speed and agility that was held in a CrossFit gym.
After asking many questions about CrossFit I had the pleasure of meeting coach Ray one Friday evening five years ago.


Ray told me see you Monday morning at 5am for your trial week. So Monday class comes to an end and I instantly know I found what I'd been looking for.

As I learned new movements Coach Ray always took the time to break things down.
Crossfit never gets old I look forward to doing the WOD everyday!


Coach also introduced me to healthy eating something I never knew anything about. 
I've done a 45 day paleo diet and I'm currently doing Keto Diet challenge. Healthy eating has become a lifestyle not a challenge!

I've visited other crossfit gyms but nothing ever compares to AMRAP, maybe it's just home to me!

I truly believe I'll be doing Crossfit until the day I die and just for the record when that day comes it better be after the WOD!

Thank you Ray for choosing me as athlete of the week.
I can't thank all of the coaching staff enough.
BRING IT ON!!





No comments:

Post a Comment