CrossFit South Rockland

Friday, May 24, 2019

Jenna’s Fitness Journey



You are so much stronger than you think”

I look up at the clock and realize there are 2 more sets left. My legs are burning from the 30 rounds of hell that’s behind me. Somehow I keep moving. The buzzer sounds and I’m done. Physically shot but mentally the complete opposite.

Just about a year ago I decided to give AMRAP Fitness a try. I needed something to push me back into the real world. After my boyfriend passed away, I fell into a black hole. I just went through the motions of getting through each day. Losing Sean took a serious toll on my mind, body, and soul. I lost my confidence, gained weight, and didn’t care to do anything about it.

Then AMRAP happened. I don’t remember what made me turn the corner but thank God I did. I was instantly hooked. I had something to look forward to; a way to release built up emotions and set goals again. I show up for class 4 times a week, every single week. I’ve shown up for myself every day since. 

Coach Ray doesn’t just push you to your physical limits. Every class is a constant workout of both your physical and mental strength. Trust me I never thought I could hang power snatch or clean and jerk. But now I am giving Coach the look like let me add more plates. He pushed me through the mental side first and now the physical comes so much easier. He challenges you to dig deeper and be better. From the whiteboard to the floor, Coach is dedicated to our success. He has built a community which I am grateful to be a part of.

It took me joining AMRAP Fitness to realize just how mentally strong I had become over the last few years. The physical strength is coming back and evolving into more than I could have hoped forI recognize that both are ongoing battles. But they are battles that I know I have the endurance and support for. I think everyone deserves that feeling; you just have to get after it for yourself.

Thank you to USIS, VISION, Coach Ray and AMRAP Fitness for joining forces to create this corporate wellness program that allowed me the opportunity to continue my fight. Good vibes and heavy weights!

Jenna~

No comments:

Post a Comment