CrossFit South Rockland

Friday, May 10, 2019

Patty's Fitness Journey


        
I have been active most of my life. With 3 kids we did a lot of hiking, biking, and camping. Running to soccer games, boy scouts and ballet lessons.
       
I always had jobs that I had to physically move… waiting on tables, bartending and installing structured cabling. On the other hand, My vacations are packed with hiking, camping and site seeing. Never a “still” moment.

When I moved to a dispatcher position in the office, things shifted. (if you know what I mean)
The gym was new to me and a challenge.  I knew I had to keep moving,  as my family is growing with now 7 grandkids.
     
The company I work for, USIS offered a Wellness program with Coach Ray, I was a little hesitant, but gave it a chance. The teamwork, support, and encouragement that the program provided was an amazing experience to feel with fellow coworkers. If it wasn't for the program I would not have never met such great friends.

We all have our personal fitness struggles and it is nice to know that you are not alone.
Coach Ray is there to explain proper form, the importance of fitness, and how this is related in our “whole lives”.

I enjoy the variety of workouts, very random and sometimes crazy. Coach Ray is there to push us a little more each time. “100% effort gets 100% results”. The exercises he gives us target our hips and posture from being seated at a desk all day.

In addition, he also offers us a 45-day nutritional challenge, with support, and assistance when we need help.

I look forward to the challenge of the workouts and the encouraging team spirit. I learned from personal experience that living a healthy lifestyle can assist with a speedy recovery,  if unexpected surgery, accidents or injury strike.

So why would you need to know how to pick up a concrete ball and put it on your shoulder ??? I can honestly tell you why…. Sometimes you are faced with the challenge of having to lift and move heavy, awkward shaped objects.

Assisting my husband installing a 6’ fence, for example,  I had to move 80lb bags of concrete from a pallet to holes for fence posts.  I was able to move the bags with the same methods learned in class. I did not injure myself and had a good feeling of accomplishment.

Thank you USIS, Vision, AMRAP Fitness, Coach Ray, and all my coworkers for the fantastic opportunity and support to make my life a healthier living.

Thanks again Patty


No comments:

Post a Comment