CrossFit South Rockland

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day #42 Motivation







RHR: How to Gain Weight on a Paleo Diet


RHR-new-cover-lowresThis is a question that I get fairly regularly.  I think in part that’s because the population of people who read my blog and listen to my podcast and follow my work is not necessarily the typical standard American population.  Weight loss is definitely a concern in my world, but it’s not as much of a concern as you would expect, given the statistics on an overall basis in the US.  I probably get a question a week or every other week about how to gain weight on paleo.  I think I have a lot of lean, active people in my audience, athletic people, people who are training hard and involved in sports and things like that, and when they switch to paleo, sometimes they actually lose weight.  That’s what happened to me, as a matter of fact, when I first switched to a paleo type of diet, and part of my journey in terms of expanding paleo to be more of a paleo template in part was spurred by the weight loss that I experienced following a strict paleo diet, so this is definitely something that I have some personal experience with, and I also have clinical experience in terms of my work with patients.
In this episode, we cover:
5:23  Why you may be underweight
17:24  Is being underweight actually a problem?
20:12  Strategies for gaining weight on a paleo diet

Full Text Transcript:

Steve Wright:  Hey, everyone.  Welcome to another episode of the Revolution Health Radio Show.  This show is brought to you by ChrisKresser.com, and I’m your host, Steve Wright from SCD Lifestyle.  With me is integrative medical practitioner and New York Times bestseller, healthy skeptic Chris Kresser.  Chris, how are you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment