When you make the switch from eating a modern diet to eating a Paleo diet, it can be difficult to figure out what you will snack on each day. However, with a little forethought and creativity, you can snack to your heart's content with plenty of Paleo-friendly options.
The below list should give you a little inspiration for planning your own snacking options. Enjoy!
- Nuts dusted with cinnamon and baked on a low temperature (around 250° Fahrenheit / 120° Celsius) for 10-15 minutes or dusted in a dry skillet.
- A banana spread with homemade, Paleo-friendly nut butter of choice.
- Hard-boiled egg, sprinkled with black pepper or paprika for a flavor boost.
- Sliced raw veggies wrapped in smoked salmon.
- Broccoli tossed with olive oil and minced garlic, roast in a 350° Fahrenheit / 180° Celsius oven for 15 minutes.
- Deconstructed guacamole salad - Cubed avocado tossed with diced tomatoes, minced red onions and chopped fresh cilantro/coriander.
- Homemade or purchased beef jerky.
- Apple slices dipped in nut butter.
- Olives or pickles.
- Pear slices drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon, bake in oven on 350° Fahrenheit / 180° Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Sliced vegetables dipped in salsa.
- Trail mix made with nuts, dried fruits and pieces.
- Fruit and/or veggie smoothies made with coconut milk and nuts.
- A few slices of cooked bacon.
- Pitted peach sprinkled with a small amount of grated ginger and baked for 5 minutes or until tired.
- Kale chips made by lightly coating kale leaves in olive oil and placing flat on a lined baking tray. Cook in the oven (approximately 250° Fahrenheit / 120° Celsius) for 15-20 minutes until crisp.
- A can of tuna.
- A cup of meat or vegetable stock.
- Fruit kabobs - cubes of fresh pineapple, kiwi fruit, strawberries and orange wedges threaded onto bamboo skewers.
- Quick banana ice-cream made by processing a frozen banana and some coconut milk or almond milk in a blender until creamy.
- A kid favorite snack "ants on a log" made by spreading nut butter of choice on a celery stalk and topped with raisins.
- Skillet toasted or oven roasted seeds, including pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
Here is a bonus for you: Quick and Mini-Meals Snacks for an on-the-go Premium fuel source.