CrossFit South Rockland

Friday, December 7, 2018

Valerie's Fitness Journey




I never imagined myself as someone who would participate let alone enjoy CrossFit.  As I look back on my journey it all started in 2017 when I finished chemo treatment.  During my treatment I gained a lot of weight and lost a significant amount of my strength.  I started back at the gym but was looking for something different.  

My typical gym routine involved working out on an elliptical and maybe some machines and while I was intrigued by the idea of CrossFit, I never thought I would be capable of doing the class.  One day I decided to give it a try and as out of shape as I was, the instructor (Coach Ray) and the other participants immediately made me feel welcomed and encouraged me more than I ever imagined.  

Over time, they built me back up and now I feel like I am in the best shape of my life. I not only did I lose unwanted body fat but I also became stronger and built my confidence.  I have been actively participating in the CrossFit program at my gym called AMRAP Fitness for almost 2 years and I can’t imagine my life without it.

I am really thankful that I gave AMRAP Fitness a try and grateful for all the help and guidance that our amazing instructor Ray provided, I would never have been able to do it without him and the wonderful classmates that also push me on every day.  



Thanks Ray for all the help. 

Valerie 

No comments:

Post a Comment