CrossFit South Rockland

Friday, August 31, 2018

Paige's Fitness Journey




I am a professional athlete and trainer in Equestrian Show Jumping. I compete against and have trained with several Olympic medalist so I understand elite training and performance.  I have always been a runner (4 marathons including Boston)and have done some kind of exercise be it a class , kickboxing ,working with a personal trainer who was a professional boxer and yoga etc.   A friend told me that I would love CrossFit though I had no clue what it was about.  She told me to google CrossFit near me and Amrap Fitness was a mile from my house. 

I walked into Amrap Fitness 6 years ago and it was one of the best things I have ever done in my life.  I couldn’t do a lot  of the movements as they were  new and had no barbell experience. Not a problem for Coach Ray! I have since learned so much and still have a ton to work on. Everyday it’s a different workout so it never gets boring. EverydayCoach is critiquing our form and breaking down the movements so we do it correctly not to get hurt. Six years later he still explains the movements everyday every class. He is so involved in running the group class that it’s really more of a personalized workout.  With all types of strengths and ages of people, Ray instructs you personally for a successful challenging workout. It is by far the best fitness programming I have ever done.


I have also learned how important nutrition is to your performance. Clean eating, zone paleo eating has become a way of life. I thought I was eating healthy before I started CrossFit but quickly learned again that I didn’t have a clue. I have a sensitive digestive system and with Ray’s knowledge of healthy eating I feel great.
My journey at Amrap Fitness has been amazing. I have done things and lifted more weight than I ever thought possible. At 41 years of age, I am in the best shape of my life. Amrap has camaraderie of family and has a super fun atmosphere. Everyone helps and supports each other no matter what level you are at veteran or new. Ray’s level of coaching expertise is equal to what I have in my own sport. ELITE!!!


With my competition travels I have tried other CrossFit boxes around the country and none come close to Amrap. So much that I’d rather follow the WODs from home while away. 


People call me crazy to be in the box at 4:30 am  to warm up for 5am class and then go back in the afternoon for strength and conditioning. The afternoon sessions definitely make you stronger and more fit. I’m love it!


I enjoy the daily physical and mental challenge Coach gives us. Constantly trying to improve skills and gain PRs. I love the group of people I get to workout with.  Amrap Fitness is truly a special place that is a blessing to be apart of.There is no thank you big enough to Coach for the elite training ,extreme fitness, knowledge, friendship and fun he has given me for the last 6 years.  Fitness at its finest! Keep on rock’in!! Looking forward to it everyday!


Thanks Coach!!!!
Paige 

AKA-Terminator




No comments:

Post a Comment