CrossFit South Rockland

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lisa’s Paleo success story

This is part of an ongoing series of real life success stories from people all over the world who have been impacted by the Paleo lifestyle and The Paleo Solution. Read Lisa’s story below.
LisaLast year, at this time, I was home recovering from a major abdominal surgery that was physically and mentally exhausting. It left me in a weakened state, my hair was thinning and I was always tired. I lacked the energy to be able to work out the 1-2 hrs a day that I always though was expected to lose weight and stay in shape. You see I use to teach aerobic classes. Step Class to a Hi Low class on top of jogging and doing weights. I also would eat the Standard American Diet. Low fat, low calore, whole grains, skim milk, yogurt, lean meat, fruits and vegetables. It was not working. The food did not seem to give me the energy I need to sustain long workouts. The long workouts seemed to cause my joints to hurt and I was gaining weight not losing it. I was depressed, frustrated, poor body image and it exacerbated any other little problems in my life.
But then………
The New Year rolled around and my hair dresser told me about her cousin Kyle, who was doing personal training, and it was different. I needed different so what did I have to lose? I made the appointment and drove my nervous self over there.
And that is when I was introduced to crossfit and the Paleo diet.
Within a few weeks I had lost weight, lost inches, I felt strong, my joints stop hurting and I finally had more energy. My recovery time is fantastic and I have not gotten sick when illness has gone around my place of work. My dermatitis cleared up, my cravings went away.
I became passionate about learning all I could about the paleo diet and cooking. I use to hate cooking and now I look forward to the weekends to cook Paleo for the week and sharing my recipes with other members at the gym.
Now after almost 6 months my friends and family have taken notice and I seem to be the go to person and their Paleo source. Of course I send them to Robbwolf.com!
- Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment