CrossFit South Rockland

Friday, June 28, 2019

Paul's Fitness Journey




I have always enjoyed being active, whether it be hiking with my dog and wife, fishing, softball, racquetball, kayaking, running, even Yoga. In the past, I loved to run long distance, with a few marathons completed before a serious injury prevented me from continuing.

I had been seeing a personal trainer at the gym and had walked by the AMRAP Fitness part of the gym many times, seeing everyone working out. My trainer encouraged me to give it a try.

When I came to class I was greeted by a very fit, past workout buddy. She spoke so highly of everyone and of the program, I decided to give it a try.

Her words were right-on-the-mark, for looking back I see she was correct in everything she said.

Because I have sleep issues, the morning workouts are especially challenging. But afterward, the day starts out on a more positive note.

Seeing how hard everyone works in the program is an inspiration. I especially like to see how honor and respect are shown for those who have served our country.
I still have a ways to go .. I will learn to climb the ropes. Coach Ray’s program continues to motivate me, and his patience and knowledge have been of great help.

This was one of the wisest decisions I have ever made.

Thank you AMRAP Fitness & Coach Ray.

Paul~




No comments:

Post a Comment