CrossFit South Rockland

Friday, March 1, 2019

Craig's Fitness Journey





My passion for working out and keeping fit began with my parents. Growing up, we were always physically active as a family; hiking, cross country skiing, etc. Therefore, keeping in shape and working out is ingrained in me. I’m the type of person that must workout to feel good, both physically and mentally. If I don’t workout, I’m not happy with myself, and that unhappiness is apparent in my work and as a husband and father to 2 amazing boys.

A couple of years ago I severely tore my groin so badly that I was out of the gym for months. Funny enough, the injury came from racing my best friend in a bouncy house at my son’s birthday party. How and why we raced is a story for another time. You can only imagine how being out of the gym for so long affected my entire well-being.

When I finally got back into the gym, I tried for several months to work out myself. I soon came to the realization that I don’t have the self-motivation needed when it comes to working out. Something had to change. I always did CrossFit type workouts by myself in the back of the gym near the AMRAP entrance. Over the several months of working out alone, Ray always gave me pointers. Ray never asked me for anything. He was just being Ray. Eventually, I succumbed to what was best for me, I JOINED AMRAP Fitness.

It’s been 2 years since I joined AMRAP Fitness and I couldn’t be happier. Ray and Suzanne and the rest of the members are like family now (especially my 8:30am partners). Working out with my AMRAP family has become my daily routine and a necessary part of my life.


AMRAP Fitness was one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment