CrossFit South Rockland

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Jimmy's Fitness Journey


 My fitness journey started when at the end of 8th grade when I was 5’5 and 185 lbs . I was always chubby and was a yo- yo dieter and had no clue how to eat properly and avoided exercise. I began running and lost 40lbs from 8th grade to 9th grade and became a skinny runner. I was “fit” but not necessarily healthy. I ate crappy empty calories and had a horrible relationship with food. I was now very skinny , very fast but not strong or balanced with fitness. I could not perform one pull up and did not attack any of my weakness besides running. In junior year I decided to make a change and start basic weightlifting because I was tired of being skinny. I began to learn and read about fitness and found spartan racing which was appealing to me because it doesn’t matter how fast you are, you have to be strong and mentally tough . I began to distance myself from track and did not enjoy it as much and began lifting more. I did Murph with my friend as my first official CrossFit workout. 
     

    One month later I joined CrossFit and it was the best decision I ever made. The workouts kicked my ass and I could not even perform an overhead squat or jump rope! It was a huge change to the lifting I was doing on my own and was a huge wake up call. I became addicted to the community and the intensity of the workouts. I love how many movements and skills you have to master and how there is always something to learn and get better at. I decided to dedicate myself to becoming stronger and mentally tougher. I train twice a day the 5am CrossFit class and the 4:30 Strength and Conditioning. It is a huge lifestyle change and I enjoy waking up at 4:30 in the morning , there is always days where you don’t but the community is there to back you up. When you feel like hitting snooze you know that people are going to be asking where you are. I have made so many friends and have gotten so much better at the movements and love the process.

Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment